Hollow Shaft Sample Transporter with In-Vacuum Brake
Product code: RMHS40-IVBR-XXXX-YYYY
Based on the RM40 sample transporter, the RMHS40 features a tubular shaft that is not only lighter, but also far less thermally conductive than a solid shaft. Mounted vertically to the system, it's adjustable IVBR in-vacuum brake adds an important safety measure by applying controlled friction to the inner shaft of the sample transporter.
The RMHS40-IVBR is commonly used as a manipulator for sample insertion into cryogenic SPM's but of course it's lighter hollow shaft offers advantages for other applications as well.
An optional TSRMBD belt drive can facilitate handling once the height of the system and/or length of the sample transporter make it hard to reach and manipulate.
- XXXX: linear travel in millimeters
- YYYY: retracted length, flange face to end of shaft in millimeters (min. 65mm)
Options and accessories:
Sample Transporter Accessories
Shown below: RMHS40-IVBR-TSRMBD, Hollow shaft sample transporter with in-vacuum brake and belt drive
Specifications: Hollow Shaft Sample Transporter with In-Vacuum Brake
linear travel: ≤ 3935mm
retracted length: ≥ 65mm and ≤ 4000mm; standard 65mm
- linear travel: customized
- retracted shaft length: customized (min. 65mm)
- linear force: ~70N
- torque: ~5Nm
- bakeout temperature: 150deg C max.
- pressure range 1E-11mbar to 1000mbar
- fully UHV compatible materials
- including in-vacuum brake for the inner shaft with adjustable holding strength
- Inner shaft tube D=12mm (h7) wall thickness 1.5mm
- Inner shaft connection threaded M6
Download drawing (pdf)
Download 3D model (step)