Sample Transporter DN40CF with Hollow Shaft
Product code: RMHS40-XXXX-YYYY
Based on the RM40 sample transporter, it's tubular shaft however being considerably lighter than a solid one, it also helps avoid excessive thermal conductance. It is commonly used as a manipulator for sample insertion into cryogenic SPM's but of course it's lighter hollow shaft offers advantages for other applications as well.
Whenever mounted vertically, for safety reasons it's strongly recommended to use it in combination with an IVBR in-vacuum brake, to prevent the inner shaft from suddenly dropping in case the magnetic coupling should slip from the user's grip. An optional TSRMBD belt drive can facilitate handling once the height of the system and/or length of the sample transporter make it hard to reach and manipulate.
- XXXX: linear travel in millimeters
- YYYY: retracted length, flange face to end of shaft in millimeters (min. 10mm / standard 30mm)
Options and accessories:
Sample Transporter Accessories
Shown below: RMHS40-IVBR-TSRMBD, Hollow shaft sample transporter with in-vacuum brake and belt drive
Specifications: Sample Transporter DN40CF with Hollow Shaft
linear travel X >= 100mm AND <= 2300mm
retracted length Y >= 20mm AND <= 200mm; standard 30mm
- linear travel: customized
- retracted shaft length: customized (min. 10mm, standard 30mm, increase with IVBR option)
- linear force: ~70N
- torque: ~5Nm
- bakeout temperature: 150deg C max.
- pressure range: 1E-11mbar to 1000mbar
- fully UHV compatible materials
- Inner shaft tube: D=12mm (h7), wall thickness 1.5mm
- Inner shaft connection: threaded M6
Download drawing (pdf)
Download 3D model (step)