Sample Plate for Direct Current Heating
Product code: SHOMDC
For preparing semiconductor surfaces like the Si 7x7 reconstruction for instance, the best and most simple way is usually direct current heating. SHOMDC sample holders are made of Molybdenum and Al2O3. The sample is secured by two Mo strips.
For spectroscopy and STM experiments, the SHOMDC(N) is recommended. With the SHOMDC(N), one side of the sample is premanently grounded with metallic (Mo) spacers instead of the ceramic ones the SHOMDC features.
RECOMDC provides the necessary receiver with isolated contact rails for attaching wires.
Specifications: Sample Plate for Direct Current Heating
- minimum sample size (l x w x h): 8 x 1 x 0.2mm
- maximum sample size (l x w x h): 11 x 3.5 x 0.5mm
- Material: Molybdenum, Al2O3
- max. temperature: The maximum temperature depends on the material and shape of the actual sample
- both contact rails electrically isolated by Al2O3 washers
Download drawing (pdf)
3D-model available on request.