LN2-cooled UHV Suitcase Configuration UHVCTM Ultra High Vacuum Cryo Transfer Module
Product code: VSN40S(VTOPCF50SP2X16)-0350-WM40-TSVSN-ADTSVSNWMXY-CTD50SAXX-TMPT100CF16
Equipped with a liquid nitrogen dewar for active sample cooling, thermal shields (CTD50SHIELDS) enshrouding the sample, as well as a temperature measuring kit, the Ultra High Vacuum Cryo Transfer Module (UHVCTM) enables transport of sensitive samples at cryogenic temperatures under true UHV conditions (E-11mbar). The UHVCTM is, especially compact, lightweight, robust and easy to use.
The sample is situated within a customized cryo shield inside the suitcase in order to be protected from contamination coming off the chamber walls while the suitcase is cold. Integrated viewports in the shields allow for observation of the sample inside.
For easy transfer of samples into your system, the cryo suitcase can either be mounted directly to your loadlock or via our Fast Pump Down Dock. Docking solutions for a variety of analytical and preparation instruments are readily available. Please contact us to discuss your requirements for instrument adaptations.
The high voltage for the ion-pump element is delivered by the rechargeable, battery-driven power supply LSA3.0. The vacuum level is shown directly on the display optimized for SAES™ NexTorr pumps of the types D100-5, D200-5. For activation of the NEG element we provide the designated NEG controller LSN1 .Together with the respective cabling, the temperature can be measured by the LSA3.
To see if this configuration suits your needs, please download our questionnaire for further information.
Don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com for more information and the adaptation to your system.
View of CTD50SHIELDS thermal shields through side viewport:
NexGeneration UHV Suitcase References:
More UHV-Suitcases are successfully operational at further sites.
Specifications: LN2-cooled UHV Suitcase Configuration UHVCTM Ultra High Vacuum Cryo Transfer Module
This configuration of the VSN40S includes:
- Ultra compact UHV-chamber
Flange list VSN40SCH:
1x DN40CF-R transfer flange
1x DN40CF-WS for transfer manipulator
2x DN40CF-T for Viewport
1x DN40CF-WS for Pump: NEXTORR D100-5
1x DN50CF-T for Liquid Nitrogen Dewar
2x DN16CFT Service Ports
- WM40 Single Shaft Wobblestick Transporter DN40CF
- TSVSN Support rail for Wobblestick
- ADTSVSNWMXY fine adjustment unit for wobblestick axis
- CTD50SHIELDS Cryo-Cooling Assembly of Liquid Nitrogen Dewar and thermal shields for UHV suitcase
- TMPT100CF16 Temperature Measurement Kit for UHV Suitcases incl. el. feedthrough
- VAT mini UHV gate valve, series 010, manual operation
- NexTorr D-100-5 NEG-Ion combination pump
- LSA3.0 battery driven HV-supply with pressure and temperature reading
- Set of cables
- 2x viewports DN40CF, gaskets, bolt sets, sideplates, completely mounted
- Side/baseplates and 1x carrying handle
Bakeout temperature: 150deg C max.
Fully UHV compatible materials
Weight: approx. 12-14kg, depending on configuration
Ready for use: delivered under vacuum.
Not included but optionally available:
- Bakeout jacket with heater element VSN40SBTHE
- Neg activation controller LSN1 and cable CABNEGLSN1M
- Docking stations and instrument adaptation
Download drawings VSN40S NexGeneration UHV Suitcase (format A3):
VSN40S page 1/3: Product overview showing different configurations
VSN40S page 2/3: Options and order code
VSN40S page 3/3: Product detail in a scale of 1:1 to show the ultra-compact dimension